Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sanding Started

Did I make a mess this afternoon or what?  I came home a littler early today and started sanding.  I got most of it done before I need to shower and do a few small things before picking up the kids.  The corner pieces are not yet dry, so they'll still need a second coat of mud then sanding.  I hopefully can get the second coat on Friday evening and put the third coat on what has already been sanded.

My mudding job isn't quite as bad as I thought it was but my skills still have a long way to go.  I still have the screw holes to finish up too, which I'll probably work on tomorrow night.  Depending on how things go, I might be able to finish up with this part by Monday or Tuesday...we'll see.

I guess I could really do some of these things now, but I don't want to change, get all dirty, clean up tools, clean up myself, etc. again.

Christi hasn't been feeling for about a week now and we were thinking it was allergies.  That's a plausible theory for this time of year.  She went to the doctor today.  I don't know that he gave her a real diagnosis, but she's has a lot of little things going on for which she received a plethora of medicine.  She did mention an ear infection as well as the other stuff.  She actually came home early today because of some of the side effects.  The kids were pretty good this evening letting her rest on the couch.  So, I guess some of what I can get done in the next few days depends on she's feeling.

Hopefully, before the weekend is over, we will get around to picking colors for the walls and floor and figure out how we are going to refinish some furniture that will go in the new room.

No comments:

Post a Comment