Saturday, September 11, 2010

Productive Day and Other Stuff

Did you know Bobby Bowden is out at Florida State?  I didn't know that until Thursday night while is was being interviewed on ESPN while checking out part of the Auburn game.  I bet he would be fun to hang out with for a little while.  Speaking of Auburn, just found out last week Tommy Tuberville  is coaching at Texas Tech.  I think he got a raw deal, but nobody asked me.  I don't really follow sports that much so maybe that is why I didn't know these things; but I do know Alabama is about to beat Penn State.

Okay, back to the real blog.  Today was very productive.  After breakfast, I started finishing putting up the insulation.  It took a little longer than I had hoped due to having to cut and piece together a lot of it (i.e., around windows and other places that were shorter in height or not 16" studs.  When I was almost done with that, Ken texted to see if it was drywall day.  We hadn't talked about it, but he was game.

I made a quick trip to the hardware store to pick up some more corner pieces since I forgot about a few areas yesterday.  I made up for the miscount this time and counted to many, but I'll probably hang on to them for the next project, whatever that is.

Ken had some issues getting lumber he needed today.  While waiting for him, I started on the drywall.   I started the first piece in the wrong corner, but that was a pretty easy fix.  I attempted to put the top piece on by myself and dropped it twice.  After the second time, I just moved on to another wall and started on the bottom piece.  I still don't know how Ken has put up so much drywall by himself...he's just crazy or more experienced and knows how to not let it slip off the wall.

Nevertheless, after about 4 hours, the room is now (virtually) drywalled and taped.  There is one little area in front of the furnace that still needs to be done.  We just forgot about it because we originally were going to cut the floor plate out where the door while be, but have decided to just leave it as is.  That will make sense once you see the door that we are using.  I'll take care of that tomorrow evening and hopefully start mudding.  There are also a couple of corner pieces that I'll probably take care of Sunday evening as well.

We still have to install the new light fixture and hook up the new power to the room.  Instead of cutting power and moving stuff around today (which would probably mean no lights in the room), we just removed the outlets and light switch from their current location and now they are laying on top of the freezer.

Here's some pics of what it is looking like.

No comments:

Post a Comment