Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh, Tuesday and My Nose Feels Funny

Tuesday's been pretty good.

I decided earlier in the day to not attempt to fix the water leak during the 3 -5 period and wait until after gymnastics.  I'm not really sure I remember (or even knew) how to sweat the copper lines properly.  If I ran into a problem, we'd be without water for several hours.  So, I chose to wait and have Ken come help.

When Ken gets here, I pull copper pipe out of the garage and says, "Oh, you MEAN the water line."  We started checking things and it confused him that the copper was linking, unless there was a coupler we couldn't see.  The leak appeared to be hidden between the bottom of the cabinet and the floor.  He started checking around and seems to think it is from the sprayer.  We have hard water which sometimes clogs up the sprayer (and shower heads and makes the toilets hard to clean and...well, you get the picture).  When the sprayer gets clogged just right, it doesn't release all the way and dribbles a little.  It looks like water is running down the hose onto the pipes and leaking down.  We've basically laid it over into the sink and are going to keep a watch on it.  Christi did the dishes and I haven't noticed any leaks.  Needless to say, I felt like an idiot.  Ken kept reassuring me that I wasn't, that it looked like a pipe was leaking, and the only way he knew to look for that was that it happened to him before.  Looks like the next trip to Lincoln we'll be picking a new and better sprayer.  (Yes, we can get them in town, but they aren't very good and don't last too long.)

Ken also looked at my drywall work and said it was looking good and gave a few suggestions.  I spent about 1 1/2 hours sanding tonight.  Wednesday, I'll start again.  I'm thinking I have about another 2 hours of sanding to go.  The new corner pieces still aren't dry enough to work on either.

The current goal is to finish sanding Wednesday night, apply the fourth, and hopefully, finally coat of mud (except maybe the corner pieces) Thursday afternoon, and do the final sanding Friday or Saturday (or Sunday), depending on dry time.  I'll also head over to Ken's later in the week and probably Saturday to help him some with his projects.  If we're lucking, I hope to prime the walls Sunday or Monday.  Guess we need to get busy on picking out some colors, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment