Monday, September 20, 2010

More Corner Pieces and Mud

I got back to work tonight.  Christi is feeling somewhat better and plans on going to work tomorrow.

Last night, I realized that I might need to put up some more corner pieces.  I texted Ken about it and he said it would look better.  I'm not really sure why I keep forgetting about those pesky corner pieces.  These were for the "midget door" giving access to the furnace.  This is a small, old door that is currently attached to the music room that will soon have a new home.  I guess the music room will be getting a real door too.  I'm not really sure why the midget door is there and its actually kind of funny.

Anyway, all the corner pieces in the new guestroom are installed and mudded.  I also put a third coat of mud on most of the wall.  I need to sand and trim the mud around the other corner pieces so I can smooth out the new mud.

Tonight I was thinking (I know dangerous) and remember a few weeks ago.  While helping Ken install some drywall in his house, he said, don't worry mud covers a multitude of sins.  Tonight, I could help but wonder what will cover my mud sins.  For someone who doesn't have a clue what he's doing, I don't think it looks too bad.

I have also come up with a name for the new guestroom...more on that another time.

Sunday night, I thought I discovered the source of the water leak.  This afternoon, I checked more into it and found out I was wrong.  It appeared to be the drain pipe; however, the rag I wrapped around it was dry this afternoon.  After further inquiry and testing, I discovered it is the water line to the kitchen sink.  It looks like the actual leak is between the floor of the cabinet and the floor.  We have a temporary solution in place...we're not using the kitchen sink right now.  Tuesday, I'll cut out a section of the pipe and put a new section in.  I haven't decided yet if I'll do it tomorrow afternoon while the kids are at the sitter or wait until a little later so Ken can come over and make sure I don't screw anything up.  Either way, it probably needs to be fixed Tuesday or we'll have to wash dishes in the tub.

If all continues to be good this week and no crazy nights need to do work for work, I should be able to get things finished up and start priming/painting by the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment