Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Permit Is Here

The building permit arrived today; several days later than what they said, but at least it is here.  I know getting the permits was the right thing to do, but now I'm wishing I didn't bother with them.  The permits are going to slow down the work.  I can do the framing and electrical, but cannot put installation or drywall up until the framing and electrical are inspected.  I'm thinking (or maybe just hoping) that we can get the framing and electrical done Saturday.  I don't think that is unreasonable as it's not a big area, pretty square and open.  There is a little area that will require some thinking (as in the "we'll figure out as we go" kind) that will slow us down a bit but hopefully not too much.  The original idea was to be able to get a lot done with the three day weekend, but it looks like "the man" as put a halt to that.

Hopefully, we can get enough done to get an inspection Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.  If that works out, I'll probably insulate Wednesday night and start hanging drywall Thursday afternoon (got to love that professor schedule right now, huh?).  At this point, I'm thinking the only other slow down will be with the mudding, taping, sanding fun stuff.

Also, in the negative column for permitting, is that it will probably just raise my taxes.  From talking to other people, the inspections they have weren't really much.  I understand the rationale by the permits and inspections, but right now I have decided I don't like them for this particular project.

It also looks like my deadline has moved up a week or so.  Oh well, in the words of a former Nebraskan, we'll "git-r-done!"

Hopefully, started this weekend you'll get to start seeing pictures of progress instead of me just rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment