Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Art of Lying

Some people equate lawyers with liars (and other bad things...like the preacher this weekend who said to me, "Oh, you're one of those weasels."  And, yes, I politely told him how wrong he was and that criminals had rights too...And, yes, Christi has already gotten onto me for that, so you don't have to too.)  Anyway, if you see my mud job, just lie about and tell me how great it is.  Don't worry that because of teaching criminal justice I have done some studying on the subject and how to detect it; I'll give you some pointers beforehand if you need them.

I concede that my mudding is horrible, at least in my opinion.  I tend to get one part looking really good, then mess it up working next to it.  Hopefully it is all salvageable and you won't be able to tell when it is all finished.  This is probably the worst part of the project.  May be next time, I'll budget to pay someone to do the mudding and such.

Regardless, the corner pieces are installed and mudded.  Thursday afternoon, I'll start sanding.  There is still a chance, albeit a small one, that we will be able to start painting this weekend.  However, thinking more realistically, it will probably be mid-week or so before we are ready for painting.  That's okay, painting won't take too long to do and I kind of like doing it.  It's still looking like we should be finished by the end of the month...then on to something else.

Here are the missing pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment