Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Inspection Fail

Okay, we really didn't fail the inspection; it just didn't happen today.  I called on Tuesday about setting up an inspection, which was kind of weird to me.  I expected them to say the inspector could be out around such and such time on such and such day.  The lady basically asked me when I wanted it done.  I mentioned I needed to do a few things so Wednesday would be fine, still halfway expecting a time frame.  I also told her somebody would be home all day Wednesday.  She said she'd just have Chuck call me to set up a time.

Well, he called on Wednesday like he was supposed to...right in the middle of class.  His message was simple: I'll try back later.  By later, apparently he meant another day.  I had already decided that if he called during my later afternoon class, I'd just answer it and give the class bonus points for violating the no cell phone during class policy.

Hopefully things will work out to get the inspection done Thursday.  Today's call and last week's call regarding permit questions came around the same time.  So, I'll be ready Thursday for it.  Hopefully, he won't decide to call during my 8:30 class...but it's co-taught, so as long as I'm not talking, I may just walk out and answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment