Saturday, October 2, 2010

What A Weekend!

Friday afternoon's adventure got off to a little later of a start than planned.  Christi needed to finish up some stuff for her grad work and the kids played so hard with Amber that they had to have a bath before I would take them anywhere...both for the dirt and the smell.  Ah, good times.

We headed out around 4, stopped at Cracker Barrel around 5, and made it to Menards around 6.  We grab about 5 or 6 carpet samples and picked up trim.  We got home around 8 and got the kids ready for bed.  After they went down, Christi and I looked at the samples in the room.

We left about 8:30 Saturday morning heading back to Lincoln.  We all went and took two cars.  The kids opted to ride with Christi so they could watch Scooby Doo in the car.  It ended up be a much longer day than I anticipated.

Menards was either out of or did not have enough of our first two choices.  I think the third choice we made in the store also did not have enough for what we needed.  Nevertheless, we finally picked one that they had plenty of and now have carpet.  We picked up a few other things there before heading off around town.  What we thought would be thirty minutes was more like an hour and a half.  The kids were pretty fussy on the way over, so after loading up the carpet in the Suburban, we decided to leave it at Menards and do the rest of our running around in one car.  The good news is that the carpet we picked was on sale for 59 cents a square foot--not too shabby.

A trip to Raising Cane's, a consignment store, Target, and TJ Maxx followed.  We picked up a few things for the kids and a few goodies for us.  We also came home with a carpet cleaner, which probably just means more work!  Needless to say, after a trip like today, I am in no hurry to head back to Lincoln.

This evening, I have painted the door and trim.  Now that I'm cleaned up, I remember that I forgot a spot...oh well, it will be hidden by the door.  I had planned on scraping the floor a bit (to remove drywall mud, etc.) but the trim is kind of in the way.

Hopefully, Sunday afternoon, we will be able to get the new electric hooked up and fired up and get the carpet down.  I plan on calling Monday for the final inspection; although, I got the permit/inspection bill today, so he may not need to come back.  The rest of the week will include a few minor finishes and moving in furniture and stuff.  I'll try to get pictures loaded to the computer Sunday afternoon and post them during a test on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment