Sunday, October 10, 2010

What An Exciting Weekend!

If you read the last post, you may remember that I said something about taking a long nap.  Well, I did.  Basically, I went to bed Thursday night and woke up Sunday morning!

My body must have known that the major work I need to accomplished was finished and shut down on me.  By the time I finished the last post and got up to bed, I had a raging fever.  I was so hot, it woke Christi up.  In the morning, she took my temp and it was 102.5.  There's been some discussion that she told me at one point it was 104 and I told her that was wrong.  I vaguely remember telling her it was wrong but not the 104 part.  She covered my first class Friday which had a guest speaker, Trooper McNeese...the State variety, not Storm...then while out getting some powerade and stuff for me, she ran into our friend who is a doctor's wife, Candi.  Candi told her it wasn't good for an adult to have that high of a fever for that long and to call the clinic, ask for Greg, and throw her name around if they wouldn't let her talk to him right away.

Christi called the clinic and spoke to a nurse.  Apparently, there was enough concern not to set an appointment; Christi was told to get me there as soon as possible.  Ten minutes or so later, we were in the waiting room.  The only symptoms were high fever and a few body aches that I attributed to sleeping too much.  They did a lot of tests that seemed out of the ordinary too me...blood, urine, and a chest xray (probably due to the late spring semester pneumonia).  My least favorite test revealed the answer...strep throat.  At first, a prescription was going to be issued, then the doctor changed his mind to a shot because it would work quicker.  I guess it's a good thing Christi threw in a question about the kids.  When the nurse came in to give me the shot, she said she thought the doctor was crazy ordering a strep test, especially since I didn't have a sore throat.  It has been a little sore since then, but not much.

Now, it's Sunday morning and I am feeling much better, though not quite back to normal I'll take it.  Needless to say, the house is still a mess and visitors will be here in 6 or so hours.  But like my daddy says, if you're coming to see the house and not me, don't come...right?

Christi has been great during all of this and probably has put herself in a bind to finish her paper by midnight tonight.  She cleaned up the stair room and decorated the guestroom Saturday morning.  Sarah (Ken's wife) came and got the kids for a few hours to help out too!  Got to love friends when family is so far away.  Hopefully, the kids will nap when they all get home from church so Christi can work on her paper.

Once I find out what sheets, etc., are to go on the bed, I'll make it up and take the final pictures of the room...for now.  The comforter want match the room, but who cares, the room is done!  Okay, I care a little, but not enough to worry about it right now.  So, if you are a die hard follower, check back in several hours to see the final pictures (and if you're not and they are already up, don't check back for pictures...just saying...A lot of these post would make more sense if you could hear them like I do in my head or if you really really know me and know how to read them like I would tell you...).

As much as I didn't/don't like the change in fall break, from two days at the end of the week to one day following homecoming weekend, having Monday off will be a lot of help right now.  Tuesday's classes might be a little short if I'm still tiring easily, but I'm sure my students won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment