Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Second Problem and Solution

Score one for the Internet. the "surgery" work but took a little longer than expected.  I had hoped to not have to fully bend the box springs over; the goal as to bend it just enough to make the corner.  As you can see from the first picture, I ran into a little problem.  I'm pretty sure it's a gas line and I wasn't going to mess with it.  And things were going so smooth and quickly.  For a bit, I wasn't sure that I would be able to get it back up the stairs.  After some struggle, I finally got it bent over, tied, and down the stairs.  I meant to take some pictures of putting it together, but forgot.  That's really okay, because you might see to much of the finished room and ruin the big reveal in the next day or so.











After I put everything back together, I started cleaning out some of the stair room.  Christi was gracious enough to pick up the kids so I could keep working. I got a little extra help when they got home.



This will be much easier when he's taller.

We have about 2 1/2, maybe 3, days to finish pulling things together.  At this point, the plan is to get what we need out of the storage room, complete clean the stair room, and clear out enough of my music room for easy bathroom access.  After that just some general cleaning to prep for our first visitors to use the new guestroom.  We'll work on the other minor projects and clean up later in the week.

It feels good to be practically done and I think I might just take a nap this weekend and all day Monday!

1 comment: