Tuesday, October 5, 2010

95% and Holding

The guest room is about 95% complete and is in a holding pattern at this moment.  Nobody in town has the decorative corner pieces I need to finish up two pieces of trim.  Oh well, we'll pick those up next time we are in Lincoln.

The floor trim went up pretty quickly this afternoon.  The door trim went up pretty easily as well.  It doesn't look bad considering I didn't have a clue what I was doing.  Now, it just needs to be primed and painted.  Other things that still need to be done are touch-up painting and final adjustments to the pocket door.

At this point, the room is fully habitable, so we are going to concentrate on moving things in and trying to clear out/clean up the other rooms where stuff has been piled up for the last month or so.

I still don't know if the box springs are going to fit or not.  Tonight, we even removed the stairs to try to get it in to no avail.  I'm going to try from the inside again before we start looking for another option; although, we may really need to be looking for another option.

Once we get stuff in and arranged, I'll post some pictures...probably late this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment