Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The End Is Near!

Tuesday evening, I moved in one of the dressers that I could do by myself.  This evening Christi helped me move in the other one and attach the mirror.  I also moved in a newly cleaned chair.  I'm kind of excited to see what the carpet cleaner does on carpet!  The room is really starting to look nice.  We were both surprised that even with the furniture in there, it is still a huge room.

Save the things mentioned in the previous post, we are pretty much done.  Yippee!

What did we do before the Internet?  Today, I did a little searching for ideas about the box springs.  I found two options; neither of which I knew were options.  One sounds like a foldable box spring or is in two parts...I don't remember.  That is a viable option, but if you know me, at this point not a realistic one because I don't want to pay for something I don't need.  The second option, which is what we will try first, is to cut the box springs and fold it to get it in.

We picked up some brackets this evening and I'm going to give it a try Thursday afternoon.  It will still need to come in from the inside, but with the cut, we should be able to make the turn down the stairs.  Once inside, we unfold it and bracket it back together.  I may also put in some extra wood supports just to be safe.  If it doesn't work, I guess we will go with the other option.  Apparently, the cut and fold method is fairly common.  I assumed that it would mess with the integrity of the box springs, but apparently not.  I'll try to take some pictures of the process because I know you are as intrigued as I am.

Also, on Thursday afternoon and evening, I'll start cleaning it and trying to get the house back to normal.  With the garage starting to be cleaned out, I'll be able to put the extra wood in the third bay.  I'm hoping to be able to store it on the rafters so the third bay can be used for cars and, more likely, more junk.

I'm a little concerned where all of our stuff will go.  At some point in the near future, I hope to be able to clean and organize the actual storage room to make room for some of the extra junk and get rid of things we don't need/use.

No comments:

Post a Comment