Thursday, October 28, 2010

Curtain and Decorating

If you haven't noticed, the updates are slowing down.  I think that's a good thing.  To me, it means either 1) projects are being completed; or 2) I've become lazy and quit working on them.  I'm going with the latter.

Christi's mom completed the curtain for Calleigh's room Saturday and it's been hanging in there ever since.  I have pictures and will post them later, hopefully this evening.  That's about all that's been done as of late.  The process of cleaning out her closet, which had become a resting place for items without a home, is still in process.  Unfortunately, even that small job seems to be caught in the web of inter-relatedness.  It is turning out that we need to clean/organize a little bit in one room to make space for junk from another room so we can start on yet another room to find a permanent resting place for items.  Did you catch all of that?

Hopefully, the kids will be good this weekend and their nap schedule will let us do a little more work in Calleigh's room and get some things hung.

We do have the final pieces of trim in hand and I hope to get those installed, as well as the door hung properly before the end of November.  If not, I'll take care of it during Christmas break. 

The third bay of the garge still needs to be cleaned out.  It's starting to turn colder here, so maybe that will be motivation to get it done.  I kind of find it funny that one's it sort of cleaned up, I'll probably just be filling it back up with junk to make the cleaning/organizing process inside the house easier.  I didn't realize how much junk we had until we starting the basement project and lost what had become a catchall junk room.

No comments:

Post a Comment