Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Drylock Part II and Irony

The kids went down early last night; well, kind of.  Calleigh cuddled up with Christi in the rocker and eventually fell asleep for a bit before the thunder woke her up.  She hasn't done that in quite awhile.  Coop sat with me snacking for a bit then wanted to sit with mommy.  A few minutes of that and he was out about 20 to 25 minutes before bedtime.  I'm thinking they are still worn out from Sunday's adventure trip into Lincoln.  Nevertheless, it let me get to work a little bit early.

Both extra walls have received a coat of Drylock.  I may post pictures later, but it kind of looks like the previous one of the walls with Drylock, just more of it.  The second gallon went on much easier and didn't look quite as "goopy" as the first, although it was still extremely thick.  Same for the third gallon that was started.  I'm not really sure if it needs a second coat or not.  Since we have a gallon already open, we may apply more to certain areas of the room.

It rained last night and through the night some, so that might be a good test.  Then again, it might not be, since we've never seen water leak in that room before.  I gave it a quick visual inspection this morning before leaving and it all looked fine.

Now to the irony.  While applying it last night, I had a thought about Drylock.  This is a masonry sealer that is supposed to help keep water out, yet you clean it up with soap and water.  Strange if you ask me.  Good thing rain and groundwater generally doesn't have soap in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment